Virtual reality is the term used to describe a three-dimensional, computer generated environment which can be explored and interacted with by a person. That person becomes part of this virtual world or is immersed within this environment and whilst there, is able to manipulate objects or perform a series of actions.
Whereas Augmented reality (AR) is an interactive experience of a real-world environment where the objects that reside in the real world are enhanced by computer-generated perceptual information, sometimes across multiple sensory modalities, including visual, auditory, haptic, somatosensory and olfactory.
The augmented reality market was valued at USD 4.21 billion in 2017 and is expected to reach USD 60.55 billion by 2023, at a CAGR of 40.29%, between 2018 and 2023. The virtual reality market was valued at USD 5.12 billion in 2017 and is expected to reach USD 34.08 billion by 2023, at a CAGR of 33.95%, between 2018 and 2023
Explore the core concepts of AR/VR
(1)INCLUDE APPLICATIONS OF AR/VR TECHNOLOGY
(2) INPUT /OUTPUT DEVICES USED FOR DEVELOPING PROJECTS
(3)WIDESPREAD ADOPTION OF VR AND AR
(4)MOBILE AR GOES FROM STRENGTH TO STRENGTH
(5)AR AND VR MERGE WITH AI
(6)INCREASING BENEFITS OF EDUCATIONAL VR
(7)IMMERSIVE SPORTS EVENTS
(8)ADOPTION BY THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY
(9)Augmented Reality on Mobile Devices with an App Tutorial for Android! (UPDATED …
RESEARCH PAPER LINKS :-
- ResearchGate Publication, A Review of Research on Augmented Reality in Education: Advantages and Applications, 1. Nor Farhah Saidin 2. Noor Dayana Abd halima3. Noraffandy Yahaya, June2015
- iJEt, Augmented Reality as E-learning Tool in Primary Schools’ Education: Barriers to Teachers’ Adoption,Mona Alkhattabi Al Imam Mohammad Ibn Saud Islamic University (IMSIU), Saudi Arabia,2017
- http://Hsu, J.-L., & Huang, Y.-H. (2011). The Advent of Augmented-Learning: A Combination of Augmented Reality and Cloud Computing.
- http://Hedegaard, H., Dahl, M. R., & Grinbaek, K. (2007). EKGAR: Interactive ECG-Learning with Augmented Reality.
- http://Folkestad, J., & O’Shea, P. (2011). An Analysis of Engagement in a Combination Indoor/Outdoor Augmented Reality Educational Game.