- Overview of AI & ML
- Course Details
- Career Options after pursuing B.Tech (Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning)
- Dive Deep- Further Resource Materials
Overview of AI & ML
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is changing the way we work and live. Most of us have already seen news articles about how much value AI is creating. According to a study by McKinsey Global Institute, AI is estimated to create an additional 13 trillion US dollars of value annually by the year 2030.
Even though AI is already creating tremendous amounts of value into software industry, a lot of the value to be created in a future lies outside the software industry. In sectors such as retail, travel, transportation, automotive, materials, manufacturing and so on. In fact there is hardly any industry in which AI will not have a huge impact on in the next several years.
The rise of AI has been largely driven by one tool in AI called machine learning. The most commonly used type of machine learning is a type of AI that learns A to B, or input to output mappings. This is called supervised learning. So for each example in Supervised Learning, we were told explicitly what is the so-called right answer, and the model trains itself to do it better.
There is another use of Machine Learning where we’re given data that doesn’t have any labels or that all has the same label or really no labels. We are given the data set and not told what to do with it and we are not told or what each data point is. Instead we are just told, here is a data set. Can you find some structure in the data? This type of Machine Learning is called as Unsupervised Learning. Here given a data set, an Unsupervised Learning algorithm might decide that the data lives in two different clusters and sort it accordingly. Thus Unsupervised Learning is also called as clustering.
B.Tech (Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning) is a regular four year duration, full time Degree course which is has been introduced by AICTE under B.Tech in Emerging Technologies from the academic session 2020-21. The course is approved will cover in depth details of Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning, and will also include topics on neural networks, deep learning & Data Science.
Few important topics which will covered in the course:
- What is AI? The Terminology of AI
- What AI can and cannot do. Application of AI in various fields.
- Building AI Projects. Workflow of AI & required Technical Tools.
- Building AI Company. Products & Technologies using AI. Application Areas.
- AI & Society. AI & Future of Jobs.
- Introduction to ML.
- Linear Regression with One Variable & Linear Algebra
- ML Tools- Octave, Python, Matlab
- Linear Regression with Multiple variables.
- Logistic Regression, Regularization
- Neural Networks- Representation, Learning,
- Support Vector Machines
- Unsupervised Learning, Anomaly Detection
- Large Scale Machine Learning
- Application of Deep Learning
Career Options after pursuing B.Tech (Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning)
Career path you can choose after the course
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Data Scientist
- Artificial Intelligence Engineer
- Data Analyst
- Machine Learning Architect
Few prominent Sectors & Top Employers of students completing B.Tech from Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- Software companies like Google,Microsoft, Oracle, Wipro, TCS
- Cloud companies like AWS, Microsoft Azure, Alibaba, & IBM
- Consultancies like PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PwC), Ernst & Young (E&Y), Deloitte, and KPMG & Boston Consulting Company (BCG)
- Retail Companies like Amazon, Wal-Mart, Costco, Tesco, Carrefour, etc.
- Manufacturing & Industries
- Marketing Companies
- Banks & NBFCs.
- Hospitality & Travel Sector
Dive Deep- Further Resource Materials & Research Articles
- Artificial intelligence is redefining the future of business. Are you ready?
- Learning to manage machine learning – four AI trends
- Trend 7: Master AI and machine learning now
- AI to energize the human enterprise
- How AI is automating intelligently
- Why AI will redefine the financial services industry in two years
- Is AI the start of the truly creative human?
- How automation is enabling COVID-19 test result reporting at speed
- Artificial Intelligence everywhere
- What is the impact of AI on government policy and society?
- How will AI change the future of work?
- What are the key trends in AI?
- Automated machine learning and the democratization of insights
- Taking AI to the next level
- Unleashing talent with the future of artificial intelligence
- Intelligent automation and human-machine collaboration